Monday, August 3, 2009

Alley Cat Angels



Today I started volunteering with the Alley Cat Angels, a cat rescue operation here in the DFW area. My job is to clean cages every Monday. Glamorous, I know, but on the plus side I get to play with the kitties that are staying there! I brought along my camera to get a few shots of them. Expect to see a lot more kitty photos on here as new ones come in. And if you're interested in adopting a kitty friend for yourself, Alley Cat Angels have adoption days at the Petsmart in Euless every second and fourth Saturday. I'll be there this Saturday, taking more photos and meeting all the kitties. Stay tuned!



These are either Andy, Randy or Mandy, they're siblings and look alike! Aren't they precious? They were ready to play as soon as they were let out of the cage, and weren't too happy about being put back in. They started climbing on the cage and one fell into their food bowl! Of course then they had to be let out again so we could clean that up. I think that was their plan all along, sneaky sneaky.



This is Ophelia, a beautiful long haired lady. She's a little shy, but once you pick her up her motor starts running!



And here's Krissy. Her coloring is kind of reverse skunk, white all over with a black stripe down here back! Very unusual. She's a sweety too.

More photos just cause! If you'd like to learn more about this organization, the kitties, adoption, or volunteering please visit their website at www.alleycatangels.org






2 comments:

  1. I bet you wanted to take them all home. Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cat pictures! As a fellow cat lover who is "owned" by 5 precious kitties, I admire the work that you do with the Alley Cat Angels. Ann Wood

    ReplyDelete